2009년 12월 10일 목요일

(영문 학업 계획서 샘플) Business personal statement

Business personal statement

Since my early age, I have always tried to find out the differences that make us conspicuous and distinguish one from another: our own belief, our aims, our culture... Understanding people a little bit better each day helps me appreciate the world as it is, but I am deeply convinced that being able to apprehend the interactions of the world will allow me, one day, to carve out my place in the 21st century society that is ours. Indeed, the business sphere is becoming more and more omnipresent and powerful and managing to understand the mechanisms and subtleties of it - at first glance - is pretty hard to do. That is how I took a keen interest in economy and relevant fields.

Somebody once told me that business is all about money and big deals, that businessmen are selfish. I want to prove to all people who think the same way that there are many respectable businessmen and businesswomen who are ethical and have a strong ideal of fairness.

My curiosity for the unknown lies in my interest for foreign languages; in addition to French which is my mother tongue, I studied Dutch, German and English in which I have a pretty good level. Indeed, I used to live in the U.S.A. and in 2004, in order to improve my English and get prepared for studying in England, I decided to change school and went to the European School of Elsene (Brussels).

I am fully conscious that the path to success is full of pitfalls but I will make it a point of honour to learn and grow richer step by step. This philosophy is not a closed book to me having played both collective and individual sports on a high level. Each match - in volley-ball as well as in tennis - is a challenge in the eyes of our modern society. From the victories I learned humility and perseverance - the match is not over as long as you have not won the match-point. From the defeats I learned perhaps more: not to let failures get me down - are failures not the best way to learn?

During my high school life, I did not only focus on my school work and sport. I used to write for the school newspaper, introducing various subjects such as the war in Iraq and the European enlargement to the East. I also enjoy reading English novels, especially those of Conn Iggulden.
In order to improve my social skills I also took part in some extra curricular activities. For example, I was a boy scout for more than 6 years at the International Unit of Brussels, learning leadership, management and how to deal with people from different cultures.

As Saily Berger said: "The secret of getting ahead is getting started." I believe this is quiet true. Your university provides the ideal business course to get ready for entering the business world and is recognized worldwide. I am confident that I will be successful in my academic studies and that, when I return home, I can put my talent to good use for the benefit of all people.

댓글 1개: